This state – protected architectural heritage site is located in a very scenic site of Dole Island – on the bank of the branch Dry Daugava, opposite Ķekava. Dole Manor (Dahlen) was established in 1631. The so-called steward’s house – a two storey block building with a steep tile roof – has remained from its very beginnings (currently a private property). The place where the predecessor to the manor – the Jaundole Castle (14th – 17th century) – was located near the entry of Lebjavas Creek into the Daugava, is also a part of the preserved complex. From the end of the 18th century till 1920, Dole Manor was owned by a prominent Baltic German family named von Löwis of Menar. The new dwelling house of Dole Manor (nowadays Daugava Museum) was built in 1898 in the eclectic, the so-called brick style, popular around the turn of the 20th century. The original polychromic painting of the building’s façade was renovated in 2005. The park of Dole Manor is an example of landscaping art during the turn of the 18th and 19th centuries.
Allowed to visit with dogs!