It is a tall bastion-like hill on the bank of the Daugava. According to legends, its formation is related to the invasion of Napoleon’s army in 1812 and their preparation for war around the area of Riga. However, there is no particular evidence of the bastion being completed and used. It provides a wide panoramic view over the Daugava and its sandbanks.
The site is a private property.