Monument to the Prisoners of War

It is located on the historic site of Stalag 350, which was one of the prisoner-of-war camps for Red Army troops established by Nazi Germany’s occupation institutions, that took the lives of thousands of prisoners of war under particularly cruel circumstances from 1941 – 1944. The tragic events are symbolised by two expressive monolithic concrete posts with a sculptural relief. Unveiled in 1969. Sculptor J. Mauriņš.

56.8598, 24.3276